Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fav web



And the prize goes to... http://www.cgtalk.com/ . A forum to view and discuss the work of the best CG Artists (Computer Graphics) from all over the world, which are at astonishing. The level of discussion, the people involved in the forum and the variety of topics and works make CG Talk the Nº1 Resource for CG in the web today. My preferred ones are those that fit in these categories: Topology in 3d modeling, Matte-painting in 2d art, Videogame concept art, and more.




Another site I’d like to share with you is http://www.instructables.com/ , and interesting space to check some innovative DIY-Style projects. I've used it a lot as reference for creative ways to create useful (and sometimes not very useful) and affordable objects. The projects may go from a Lego usb pen drive to an electric motorbike. So whatever you think of should be there.




The third and the last site is http://www.frogueros.com/ . A discussion board i've visited since 1998 when it was frag.cl . Originally it started as a place to share ideas and talk about computer games, technology and stuff like that, which is an area that interests me in a big way.

Nowadays, frog's visitors have gotten elder, and that has opened space to discuss not only things about games, but more general topics. You can talk about anything that comes to your mind there, and the good thing is that you discuss with very smart people, but sometimes very arrogant too.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Alejandro:

    The websites that you mantion are very interesting, specially the one of the CG Artist XD, I'm very good drawing, but very slowly and meticulous, but I really would like test myself trying to make some 3d modeling, unfortunetly I ownly know to use sketchup u,u, but I'll learn to use 3d studio, even if it's the last thing I'll do XD.

    ReplyDelete